Self care is a big part of my daily routine, in fact as a busy mum, it’s a non-negotiable. Instagram feeds flood us with bubble baths and spa days when it comes to the definition of self care, so I wanted to dig deeper and give you more options depending on how much time you have available.
- Make yourself a hot drink, whether that’s a tea or hot chocolate. Take your time to inhale the aroma and enjoy each sip as if it’s your last. I love incorporating mindful drinking/eating.
- Do a 5 minute guided meditation using an app such as Calm or one of the free meditation apps which are available.
- Do a 5 minute stretch. This is a good one for anyone who works at a desk.
- Make yourself a nourishing meal/snack such a smoothie bowl or a hot bowl of porridge topped with your favourite toppings.
- Go for a short mindful walk.
- Read a chapter of an uplifting book or listen to a funny podcast.
- Relax on an acupressure mat.
- Do something creative such as painting, colouring in or knitting.
- Relax with some yoga nidra.
- Paint your nails.
These are just a few ways to add self care and time for yourself and work well around busy family life.