I have always been someone who thrives on being organised across all areas in life, even more so since having kids. I am generally a laid back person, so chaotic mornings and messy work spaces are not for me. Can you relate?
Here are the 7 reasons why I love being organised..
- It reduces my stress levels. There is nothing worse than having a head full of to-do-lists which eventually leads to overwhelm. This is why it is good to have a system in place for your tasks. I personally use a google calendar and a daily planner to map out my day.
- It promotes better sleep. Brain dumping before bed (aka transferring information from your brain to another medium such a journal) is a good way to clear the mess and allow you to drift off more easily.
- It can make you more productive. Setting tasks by day or time means that you are able to complete more work while also fitting in any last-minute tasks that might pop up.
- It gives you time for self-care. I use the Pomodoro technique for tasks where small 5 minute breaks are encouraged after each task, and then a longer 20 minute break later on. I love using these breaks to focus on self-care, such as stretching, having a hot drink or meditating,
- It can lead to a healthier lifestyle. Meal prepping or planning recipes in advance means you are more likely to commit and stick to a healthier lifestyle.
- It gives you calmer mornings. Preparing everything for school the night before, including packed lunches, means your mornings are less chaotic for you and your family.
- It makes you feel empowered. Honestly, nothing makes me feel like I have my shit together more than when I have planned my day ahead of time.
Let me know if you found this helpful.