As you know I started using magnesium years ago after working at Holland and Barrett. To be honest I didn’t want to believe the hype. This magical mineral supplement that is not only a muscle relaxant but which can also help to prevent anxiety. It sounded too good to be true, but I went with it anyway and I started seeing a difference.
I also have to add that I actually thought I was getting enough magnesium through my diet but once I started supplementing I not only noticed a reduction in my anxiety but also in my migraines. Magnesium plays a role in blood circulation and neurotransmitter function and can help control pain by releasing pain-reducing hormones and constricting blood vessels.
However supplementing isn’t for everyone and if you are struggling to get enough magnesium through diet another option is the range of magnesium skincare products which BetterYou sell, which easily absorbs magnesium into your skin. They kindly gifted me some of their range to try. I was already familiar with their magnesium spray as I had been using it to prevent post exercise soreness and their bath flakes which I would use 2-3 times a week after work.
- Magnesium Body Butter– This rich body butter contains shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and Vitamin E and feels so indulgent. It does take a bit of time to absorb into the skin so it isn’t something that I would use in the morning if I was in a hurry, but it is great before bed as part of a relaxing bedtime skincare routine.
- Magnesium Original Pure Mineral Spray– This is probably my favourite product. I always use this after a workout to help prevent sore or stiff muscles but it is also good to relieve general aches and pains, and absorbs easily which is a main benefit for me.
- Magnesium Rich Body Lotion– I am seriously in love with this lotion. I suffer from dry skin and the blend of coconut oil, shea butter and Vitamin E has nourished my skin so well. It’s not sticky either which I love. This is also suitable for use during pregnancy and 5ml (4 pumps) of body lotion delivers a minimum of 150mg (43% RDA) of optimally absorbable elemental magnesium.
- Magnesium Pure Mineral Gel– The gel provides magnesium in a targeted application and is essential for muscle repair. This particular product is probably suited more to very active/sporty types. I’m not usually a fan of body gels, but the cooling sensation is amazing for muscle pain.
- Magnesium Foot & Body Soak Flakes– I am very familiar with these flakes, having used them for years. They are a great way of replenishing your body with magnesium and can be used in a bath or foot soak. For best results soak for at least 20 minutes.
*Contains gifted products