It can be hard to prioritise self-care during the colder months, especially during the busy festive period. However, this is when we actually need to focus more on our well-being.
Here are some ways that I squeeze in self-care during a busy week.
- Sunshine/Lumie Light and a morning playlist. Sunshine lights help boost a chemical in your brain called serotonin, which can give you more energy and help you to feel more positive when waking. A good morning playlist is essential too. I love listening to Kygo for a good burst of energy, but we are all about Taylor Swift too!
- Online breathwork. I am realistic when it comes to the time that I have available, so I set aside 10-15 minutes to do some online breathwork around lunchtime. This is often a good time to rest the day if I’ve had a busy or stressful morning.
- Skincare routine and nice perfume. I love spending time on my evening skincare routine, which includes a shower or a bath, my favourite body butter and face mask. I love doing a body gratitude routine during this time if I have time. In the morning, I do something similar alongside putting on my favourite scent. I’m a big fan of the Victoria’s Secret body spritz.
- Dancing or singing. I have fallen in love with Zuma again and it is a fun way to shake the stress of the day off.
- Hygge night routine. Autumn is all about cosiness. For me, this looks like a cosy blanket, salted popcorn and my favourite TV show. I also move my bedtime earlier to ensure a restful night’s sleep, alongside my favourite pjs and sleep spray.