It’s no secret that Liverpool is one of my favourite cities in the UK, so I am thrilled to be able to share some amazing news.
From March 2024 Liverpool airport will become the 11th UK base for Jet2.com & Jet2holidays, and you will be able to fly to 20 destinations. 7 of these destinations – Bourgas (Bulgaria), Gran Canaria, Madeira, Paphos (Cyprus), Rhodes, and Zante – are exclusive to Jet2holidays from Liverpool! I haven’t been to any of those destinations but Cyprus has always been top of my list, mainly for the incredible Mediterranean food.
I have heard such positive reviews from friends who have visited Cyprus and this incredible Cyprus-themed hamper from Jet2holidays is giving me even more wanderlust!
I am a logical buyer and I always research everything before making a decision, so, naturally, I have done lots on research on Cyprus and here are some reasons why it needs to be top of your list too.
- The incredible Mediterranean food and sweet treats.
- Cyprus has an incredible history, so it’s a great place to visit if you are an ancient history lover.
- It is very laid back, which is perfect for anyone looking for a more relaxed holiday.
- The weather is absolutely gorgeous. I am already visualising cocktails on the beach.
- Cyprus is considered to be one of the safest countries in Europe, so ideal if travelling with kids or with the girls.
- The locals are apparently friendly, which always helps, especially when you’re looking for some tips for places to visit off the beaten track.
I also love the idea of Bulgaria. It is apparently very safe, and is also a good, affordable option. Weather-wise, it is dry in the summer and snowy in winter. Bulgaria is actually very underrated when it comes to winter sports, and would be a great holiday destination all year round.
I love that the destinations available are so family friendly too, and Liverpool airport is a lovely airport to fly from.
I initially moved to Manchester for university and at the time I would get a coach to Liverpool airport to fly home to Aberdeen. Not only were the flights cheaper from Liverpool, but it was a much quieter airport and everything always felt smoother, from the check-in process to boarding. If you follow travel news you’ll have seen that Liverpool John Lennon airport has just been named the best in the UK. I mean, do you need any other reason to try out the new base?
Which of the destinations would you put at the top of your list?